Dear MSH Friend, Follower, Fan, Patient and Colleague,
I don’t know about you, but I was WASTED by the end of 2020!
COVID-19 brough so many new things to all of us. At MSH, most of it was good. Incredibly good in fact!
MSH 2020 accomplishments:
– The MSH Team went from 11 to 44 members!
– Where most doctors who are not on the frontlines struggled, we were able to consult MORE patients, because the HPCSA allowed us to consult online and telephonically.
– As a team, we did twenty hours of online training together. Each member also gained knowledge by attending the SASHA, ESSM, ISSM and other online lectures and trainings.
– Three of our members completed the WPATH (World Professional Association for Transgender Healthcare) Global Education Initiative Certification Course to improve and validate our skills in transgender and non-binary healthcare delivery – myself, Dr Jireh Serfontein from our Pretoria branch and Cape Town based Clinical Psychologist, Chantal Fowler.
– I have a weekly slot on the MINKI TV Show where I answer questions that the general public send it. It has helped MSH to expand our reach drastically. Thank you Minki 🙂
– The MSH Team members were invited onto MANY radio shows, including being featured regularly on 702 at 11h00 on a Friday morning for the day-time sex talk that South Africans have become accustomed to. You can get the podcasts here.
– Many of our team members showed up with VERY interesting information on Instagram – check out these accounts: @nutureyourvagina, @therapywithcatriona, @dr_jireh as well as the MSH Shop account @my_friend_wants_to_know and my own account @sexologistmom. Most of our team members are on Facebook and Instagram – please go and follow them and show them some love! You can find links to their social pages on their profiles.
It was beautiful to be a part of all of this. It is what I had been dreaming about for ten years! The execution part made me a bit tired, but after a lovely break on the farm with my family, I am ready to dream big again and take MSH to the next level in 2021!
MSH 2021 Plans:
– We are launching a comprehensive online digital course platform soon. That is right – you can learn about sexual health and earn CPD points through this platform. I had to do degrees oversees and attend many international conferences to gain my knowledge. Thanks to COVID and everybody being comfortable to learn online now, you will be able to gain knowledge about sexual health from the comfort of your own home! We will do courses for healthcare professionals as well as the general public – WATCH THIS SPACE!
– We will have a SUPERVISION STRUCTURE for Sexual Healthcare Providers.
– There will be more options for MSH Membership.
– We will host frequent FREE webinars on all kinds of interesting topics.
(And then there is the 25th Congress of the World Association for Sexual Health coming up in September!)
This is going to be a big year for all of us. I know 2020 was difficult. 2021 might be even more difficult, but we will try our best to cook up something special if the water gets hot and I hope that you will do the same!
Thank you to every MSH Team Member, patient, colleague, and tribe member for joining me on this journey. I value your presence here.
Please let me know what you think:
Can I ask you to do one thing for me, please? Please let me know what kind of courses you might be interested in? Is it “How to deal with a low libido”? “How deal with Sexual Pain?” “How to deal with Erectile Dysfunction?” “How to deal with Premature Ejaculation?” “What to do if you have never had an orgasm?” “How to deal with Sexual Trauma?” or “How to talk to kids about sex?” This link will take you to our survey.
I would love to hear from you!
Dr Elna Rudolph
MSH Clinical Head